Regular Board Meeting Highlights - December 17, 2019
December 17, 2019 - The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, December 17, 2019. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board welcomed a delegation from Muir Lake School. Grade 1 students demonstrated some of their work and activities they use in Mathology.
- Following extensive feedback collected on previously presented versions of the 2020-2021 draft school calendars, the Board approved the School Calendar Version A for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- The Board approved the 2018-2019 Annual Education Results Report as presented by Associate Superintendent, Scott Johnston.
- The Board received as information the Regional Collaborative Service Delivery Report as presented by Director of School and Community Support, Brenda Stumbur.
- The Board received as information the School Resource Officer Program Update. Previous to this fiscal year, Parkland County contributed to this program but withdrew their funding support effective Aug 1, 2019. There have been meetings between the partners and the program will continue through the 2020-2021 school year. There are preliminary discussions to expand the program to include Evergreen Catholic Schools and PSD schools with Jr. High students in the 2021-2022 school year.
- The Board received as information Stakeholder Engagement Event Feedback from the recently held Stakeholder Engagement Event hosted at Copperhaven School on November 27, 2019.