Board of Trustees - Ward 5
Darlene has been a resident of Spruce Grove for 16 years. She has been happily married to her husband Brian for 40 years. Together they have raised three children and now enjoy seven grandchildren. Darlene brings 22 years of business management experience. In raising three children, Darlene was heavily involved in school councils and chaired various school sub-committees. Darlene's motivation to be a School Board Trustee comes from being a concerned grandparent.
Darlene is committed to ensuring that a high-level accountable education is provided to Parkland School Division students.
- Promoting a focus on the study of core subjects
- Upholding high standards to promote competitiveness on the world stage
- Ensuring the greatest opportunity for student success for all learning abilities
- Supporting measurable outcomes for core subject areas
- Championing a parent’s right to direct their children’s education
- Advocating the importance of fully informed and involved parents in all aspects of their children’s education out of the conviction that education is a partnership between parents and teachers