Online Registration/Verification for 2019-2020
Registration for school and/or busing in Parkland School Division is conducted exclusively online. ALL parents/guardians MUST complete a registration form or verify and/or update information on file before their student(s) can be registered for the upcoming school year.
All students from K-12 will be able to either register (new students) or verify their existing data (returning students) online, beginning February 4, 2019.
To ensure that their child receives a bus pass prior to the start of the school year, parents are required to complete registration by 4:30pm on March 22, 2019. This deadline will facilitate the routing of buses, bus pass production and data verification before the summer break while schools are still operating.
A “New Student” is someone who has never attended school in Parkland School Division (PSD) nor ridden on a PSD bus before. These students could be:
- Entering Kindergarten (see the Kindergarten Registration page for more information)
- Moving into the Stony Plain / Spruce Grove / Parkland County area
- Attending a non-PSD school serviced by PSD’s Transportation Services (e.g. an Evergreen Catholic, Black Gold, Grande Yellowhead or area private school) and requiring bus transportation for the first time
To register a New Student for school and/or busing, please complete and submit the 2019-2020 New Student Registration Form (available February 4, 2019).
New Student Registration Form Tutorial
A “Returning Student” is someone who has attended school in Parkland School Division, or a student from another partner school division in the Regional Transportation system who has ridden on a PSD bus before. We already have data on file for these students from the 2018-2019 school year, but this data will have to be verified (and updated, if necessary) before these students can register for the 2019-2020 school year.
To register a Returning Student for school and/or busing, please check your email beginning February 4, 2019 for a message from "PowerSchool Registration Support" <firstname.lastname@example.org> and follow the instructions in that email to complete the registration process.
- You should receive one email for every returning student in your family. Please complete the registration/verification process for each one.
- If you do not receive an email, please check your Spam or Junk folder.
- If you check and confirm this original correspondence has not been received, and your child attends a Parkland School Division School, please contact your school. If your child attends at any other partner school divisions or schools in the Regional Transportation system, contact Parkland School Division’s Transportation Services at 780-963-8452. Staff will confirm your contact information and resend the email or letter with your live link.
Important Registration Dates
- February 4, 2019 - Registration opens. Follow the link to the New Student Registration form or check your email for a message from PowerSchool Registration Support with further instructions.
- March 22, 2019 at 4:30pm - Registration deadline.
- June 28, 2019 - Bus Pass fees due.
- June 2019 - Bus Pass route information distributed.
- September 3, 2019 - First day of school.
- September 30, 2019 - School fees due.
Important to Note
- Remember to find your designated school before filling out a registration form: PSD students can use our School Locator; Non-PSD students must check with their school jurisdiction.
- For new Parkland School Division students: Documents are needed to prove your student's guardianship, education, residency, age, date of birth, and citizenship. You can attach these documents to the registration form, or email them to or present them in person at your school after submitting your registration form. See below for details.
- Submitting a completed registration form does not guarantee you a spot at your selected school or on your selected bus route. All submissions must first be reviewed before they are approved by the school and/or Transportation Services.
- Once you submit a registration form, you will have to contact your school and/or Transportation Services to make any changes to your information.
- Space at non-designated schools and on alternate bus routes is subject to availability - students attending their designated school and riding only on their primary bus route will get first priority.
- If you are trying to register at a school other than the one designated for your area, you must contact both your designated school and desired school. More information on this process can be found on the Cross Attendance Area Transportation page.
- School Fees will be assessed shortly after the start of the new school year. More information on fees and the payment process is available on the Fees page.
- Transportation Fees will be assessed at a later date for private school students, cross attendance area students, students using alternate seat transportation and students currently ineligible for transportation grant funding. More information is available on the Bus Passes and Cross Attendance Area Fees page.
In addition to the above registration forms, the following documents are needed to prove guardianship, education, residency, age, date of birth, and citizenship:
- Court documents confirming legal guardianship
- Most recent report card or other proof of previous education
- Utility bill or other document that includes the municipal address of the student's residence
- Proof of Legal Name, Date of Birth and Citizenship
Documents Accepted to Prove Name, Age and Citizenship:
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian birth certificate
- Permanent resident card
- Valid temporary resident papers for student and parents
- Valid immigration papers for student and parents (study and work permits or visitor records accepted)
Please note: Parkland School Division serves only families who reside in the County of Parkland, the town of Stony Plain and the City of Spruce Grove. We currently have some out-of-jurisdiction students who are permitted to complete the program at their current school. No further out-of-jurisdiction students are being registered in PSD. If your family is not a resident of Parkland School Division, your resident school board is responsible for meeting your educational needs.
For more information contact: