Online Registration for 2018-2019
Registration for the 2018-2019 school year will be conducted exclusively online. ALL parents/guardians MUST use the online form to begin registering your student for school and/or busing with Parkland School Division for the upcoming school year.
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Parents are able to create a PowerSchool account and link it to each of their children's accounts by using the access codes supplied by the school.
Important to Note
- Remember to find your designated school before filling out a registration form: PSD students can use our School Locator; Non-PSD students must check with their school jurisdiction.
- Documents are needed to prove your student's guardianship, education, residency, age, date of birth, and citizenship. You can attach these documents to the registration form, or email them to or present them in person at your school after submitting your registration form. See below for details.
- Submitting a completed registration form does not guarantee you a spot at your selected school or on your selected bus route. All submissions must first be reviewed before they are approved by the school and/or Transportation Services.
- Once you submit a registration form, you will have to contact your school and/or Transportation Services to make any changes to your information.
- Space at non-designated schools and on alternate bus routes is subject to availability - students attending their designated school and riding only on their primary bus route will get first priority.
- If you are trying to register at a school other than the one designated for your area, you must contact both your designated school and desired school. More information on this process can be found on the Cross Attendance Area Transportation page.
- School Fees will be assessed shortly after the start of the new school year. More information on fees and the payment process is available on the Fees page.
- Transportation Fees will be assessed at a later date for private school students, cross attendance area students, students using alternate seat transportation and students currently ineligible for transportation grant funding. More information is available on the Bus Passes and Cross Attendance Area Fees page.
Online Registration Tutorial
This video tutorial will walk you through the steps of registering a new student for school and/or busing for the 2018-2019 school year.
Fee Payment & Bus Pass Pickup For PSD Students
Fee Payment & Bus Pass Pickup For Non-PSD Students
Transportation fees can be paid online through the Rycor Payment System, or by visiting the Centre for Education during business hours. The Rycor Non-PSD Parent Guide provides step by step instructions on how to access and make payments.
Once processed and paid for, non-PSD school bus passes will be available for pickup at Parkland School Division's Centre For Education.
In addition to the above forms, the following documents are needed to prove guardianship, education, residency, age, date of birth, and citizenship:
- Court documents confirming legal guardianship
- Most recent report card or other proof of previous education
- Utility bill or other document that includes the municipal address of the student's residence
- Proof of Legal Name, Date of Birth and Citizenship
Documents Accepted to Prove Name, Age and Citizenship:
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian birth certificate
- Permanent resident card
- Valid temporary resident papers for student and parents
- Valid immigration papers for student and parents (study and work permits or visitor records accepted)
Please note: Parkland School Division serves only families who reside in the County of Parkland, the town of Stony Plain and the City of Spruce Grove. We currently have some out-of-jurisdiction students who are permitted to complete the program at their current school. No further out-of-jurisdiction students are being registered in PSD. If your family is not a resident of Parkland School Division, your resident school board is responsible for meeting your educational needs.
For more information contact: