Vision, Mission, Values & Priorities
Parkland School Division, and all of our schools, are committed to acting on our new vision, mission and values statements. These new statements, which emphasize student success and well-being, reflect the future-focused and innovative organization that we are today.
Parkland School Division is a community of engaged learners where exploration, creativity, and imagination make learning exciting and where all learners aspire to reach their dreams.
We prepare, engage and inspire our students to be their best in a quickly changing global community.
Values and Beliefs
In Parkland School Division, everyone is accepted and experiences a sense of belonging.
In full adherence to the Alberta Human Rights Act, "all persons are equal in: dignity, rights and responsibilities without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status or sexual orientation".
In Parkland School Division, every student has meaningful contributions to make.
The following belief statements guide our decisions and behaviours to ensure that we are creating environments and engaging in practices that have their foundation in fundamental Human Rights:
- Collaboration and engagement with students, parents and our communities. Our successes are not possible without these contributions.
- Trust and mutual respect among all of our education stakeholders.
- Inclusion and diversity within our schools.
- Citizenship, and recognize our central role in guiding students to understand their responsibilities and their place in the world.
- Leadership in all places - everyone in our Division has the potential to be a leader.
- Excellence, innovation and risk-taking.
- Learning is the foundation of all we do.
- Integrity and fairness are key pillars for student growth.
- That confident, adaptable and resilient students are successful students.
- A caring and compassionate organization, guided by what’s in the best interest of our students.
- Committed to providing safe and caring places for all students to learn.
- Open and honest communication.
Our Community Report
Our Community Report is a valuable resource that provides an effective overview of annual highlights, while showcasing results in core priority areas, and sharing a financial summary. Click on the image below to view the report.
Ultimate Goal: Student Success and Well-Being
Students will be encouraged to explore, create, imagine and engage in lifelong learning as they develop their skills/competencies to prepare to enter the world of post-secondary studies or work.
The Division believes that student success is closely linked to student well-being and the development of social-emotional assets that build resiliency, and is therefore committed to the development of the whole child at all levels of their education.
Our Education Plan establishes strategic processes (enduring priorities) that are considered in the generation of strategies (forward-thinking actionable plans). These strategies enable us to demonstrate growth toward our intended outcomes.
For more information contact:
The Division Office