Board Meeting Highlights - May 3, 2016
May 3, 2016 - The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, May 3, 2016. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board approved the quarterly financial report for the period ending March 31, 2016. Just over 60.3% of revenues have been collected for the year compared to 57.5% of expenses paid out to date resulting in total year-to-date revenues less expenses at $3.3 million dollars.
- The Board received as information the Tell Them From Me (TTFM) Report on Student Outcomes. TTFM is a three-year project between Alberta Education and school jurisdictions. The TTFM project enables jurisdictions and schools to measure student engagement in the social, academic and intellectual domains. The results are later included in the Division's Accountability Pillar Results Report annually in the fall. The Elementary Survey (K-6) measures 19 indicators and the Secondary Survey (7-12) measures 40 indicators, based on the most recent research on school and classroom effectiveness.
- The Board received as information the Financial Services Department Report for the 2015-2016 school year. The department provides a variety of services to the division including: Payroll, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Collections, Financial Reporting, Financial Management, Financial Systems, Purchasing, Records Management, and Enquiries and Training. Initiatives include:
- The Acorn Fee Management system has been successfully implemented at the schools and has created efficiencies and better information on school fees. The next phase of implementation includes the addition of payment plans within the system and more online features including student forms.
- Periodic internal audits are continuing this year to review compliance of controls at the schools. The audit involves reviewing each schools processes, documenting the results and providing recommendations for improvement. The department has scheduled six School audits in the 2015-2016 school year and have followed up on the five audits that were performed last year.
Next Regular Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 9:30am, Centre for Education