Board Meeting Highlights
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, December 9, 2014. The adopted minutes will be available on ourwebsite following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board welcomed delegations from two schools in Parkland School Division.
- Memorial Composite High School students Brendan Willey and Brayden Gerrard provided Trustees with a preview of their entrepreneurial presentation they’ve prepared for the Shaping the Future conference coming up in Kananaskis in January. The presentation highlights their business pursuits ignited by the Entrepreneur class offered at MCHS.
- Blueberry School students Cody Sherwood, Michaela Heymeyer, Sharah Kenyon and Brooke-Lynn Manning shared their learning from a conference in Ottawa hosted by the Mental Health Commission of Canada. The conference was part of the Headstrong: Youth Anti-Stigma initiative. The summit mobilized 120 young people between the ages of 14-17 and community organizations to become catalysts for change - putting an end to stigma for good.
- The Draft School Calendars for 2015-2016, 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 were presented to the Board of Trustees. The Board has directed Administration to circulate the draft calendars to stakeholders for feedback. Comments, questions and feedback may be emailed email@example.com prior to January 26, 2015.
- The Board approved an overall decrease of 13.78% in premiums for the Division’s Sun Life insurance plan. Sun Life Assurance guaranteed rates for a three-year period for January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2017 for Basic Life and Long Term Disability.
- The Board received information from the School Resource Officer (SRO) Program Report. The purpose of the SRO, established in 2011, is to provide a direct connection between the community, the schools and the police. A motion was also raised to send a letter of heartfelt thanks to all partners, both political and administrative, involved in the School Resource Officer program and include a copy of the report.
Next Regular Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 9:30 a.m., Centre for Education