Board Meeting Highlights
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, January 6, 2015. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board welcomed delegations from two schools in Parkland School Division.
- Tomahawk School students shared their learning from Quality of Life school projects recently completed. Megan Lindahl, Jezlein-Faith R. Munch, Annie Petterson and Reid Trenchuk presented discoveries from research related to Australia, Denmark, Kenya and the Philipines.
- Seba Beach School students Raelene Brendel and Haiden Bird joined their teacher, Vanessa McCluskey to share some of the work they've been doing on collective learning. They showcased practices in place that are a direct result from the professional development being delivered by the Division's Learning Services department.
- The Board approved the monthly financial report for the period ending November 30, 2014. The year-to-date surplus from operations is $123,073 which is tracking toward the 2014 - 15 revised budget Operating Surplus deficit of $977,959.
- The Board established a submission deadline of February 13, 2015 for schools who wish to nominate a first-year teacher for the Alberta School Boards' Association's Edwin Parr Award. A committee consisting of three trustees will determine Parkland School Division's submission for the prestigious award.
Next Regular Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 6:30 p.m., Centre for Education