Stony Plain & Area Kindergarten Open Houses
March 22, 2017 - Stony Plain and area schools will all be hosting their Kindergarten Open Houses on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 from 6-7pm. This includes:
- Blueberry School
- Forest Green School
- High Park School
- École Meridian Heights School
- Stony Plain Central School
Kindergarten and Grade 1 Age Requirements
A child entering Kindergarten must be 5 years old by the last day of February of the school year in which he or she begins Kindergarten. For example, a child registering for Kindergarten in September 2017 needs to be 5 years old by February 28, 2018. A child entering Grade 1 must be 6 years old by the last day of February of the school year in which he or she begins Grade 1. For example, a child registering for Grade 1 in September 2017 needs to be 6 years old by February 28, 2018.
Good to know
- Registration requirements for Kindergarten are the same as Grades 1 thru 12.
- French Immersion Kindergarten programs are offered at École Meridian Heights School for the Stony Plain area. Meridian Height's French Immersion Open House was held February 21, 2017. If you're interested in French Immersion, please drop by École Meridian Heights School or contact the school at 780-963-2289.
- The Maranatha Christian Program (MCP) is available to all families who want their kindergarten to grade 9 children taught in a non-denominational, spiritually nurturing, intellectually challenging, and disciplined environment. Those families who are interested in their children entering Kindergarten with this program of choice should contact Brookwood School in Spruce Grove..
- Kindergarten programs are offered on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday with alternating Fridays. Please contact your designated school to find more information.
Please complete the applicable forms and submit them to your designated school or bring them with you to your Open House.
- Student Registration*
- Identification of FNMI Students
- (FOIP) Consent - Freedom of Information Protection
- Request for Assistance to Administer Medication (if applicable)
*For best results, download and complete this form in Adobe Reader. You can also print the form and complete it by hand.
In addition to the above forms, the following documents are needed to prove guardianship, education, residency, age, date of birth, and citizenship.
- Court documents confirming legal guardianship
- Most recent report card or other proof of previous education
- Utility bill or other document that includes the municipal address of the student's residence
- Proof of Legal Name, Date of Birth and Citizenship
Documents Accepted to Prove Name, Age and Citizenship
- Canadian birth certificate
- Permanent resident card
- Valid temporary resident papers for student and parents
- Valid immigration papers for student and parents (study and work permits or visitor records accepted)
Other Open Houses
Wednesday, April 12th - (6-7pm) Kindergarten Open House for Graminia School
Wednesday, April 12th - (6-7pm) Kindergarten Open House for Muir Lake School
Wednesday, April 19th - (6-7pm) Kindergarten Open House at all Stony Plain schools
Parents with questions are encouraged to call their current Principal. Please ask your questions and let us provide accurate information and assistance. We anticipate an exciting and smooth start up in the fall!
For more information contact: