Eric has lived in Spruce Grove since 1980 and taught in Parkland School Division for 30 years. For a total of 36 years, he has served the educational community as a teacher (Grades 3-9), in Fort McMurray, Stony Plain, and in Spruce Grove; fourteen of these years were in school administration.
Eric has a strong supportive family, including his wife, Jane, and two married daughters, Lisa and Alison, along with four very precious grandchildren who provide daily inspiration and purpose.
Eric has a number of priorities as Public School Trustee:
- Believes in true inclusive education that promotes a positive learning environment that has the capacity to meet the needs of all children within Parkland School Division.
- Believes that both students and staff need the appropriate resources and supports to be part of a truly inclusive organization.
- Believes that Parkland School Division must promote healthy school environments, which are welcoming and supportive of all student and staff wellness.
- Believes we are all life-long learners who can contribute in a positive manner to the organization.
- Believes the Vision and Mission statements in Parkland School Division foster a progressive and dynamic educational system that we can all be proud of.
- Believes in open lines of communication and positive dialogue with the public.