Online Registration/Verification for 2018-2019
Registration for the 2018-2019 school year will be conducted exclusively online. ALL parents/guardians MUST select from the following options to begin registering your student for school and/or busing with Parkland School Division for the upcoming school year.
There are two online forms for the 2018-2019 school year. Parents will be either filling out the ‘New Student Form’ or the ‘Returning Student Form’ via the online registration software PowerRegistration.
A New Student is one who has never attended a Parkland School Division school or a student attending a non-Parkland School Division school who has never rode on a Parkland School Division bus before(e.g. students entering Kindergarten, new residents).
A Returning Student is one who has attended a Parkland School Division school and/or rode on a Parkland School Division bus before (e.g. students entering Grades 1-12).
- Parkland School Division Students are registering for school and/or busing with Parkland School Division.
- Non-Parkland School Division Students are students from another school jurisdiction who require busing through Parkland School Division's Regional Transportation system.
|Registration Opens April 1, 2018|
A parent/guardian of a new student can simply click on the button below and follow the PowerRegistration instructions. Returning students (both PSD and non-PSD) will either verify their information we have on file and/or register for busing by accessing the Returning Student Form via a link that will be sent directy to parents/guardians beginning April 1, 2018. Check your inbox and follow instructions. You'll be looking for an email from:
"PowerSchool Registration Support" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Parents are able to create a PowerSchool account and link it to each of their children's accounts by using the access codes supplied by the school.
Important to Note
- Remember to find your designated school before filling out a registration form: PSD students can use our School Locator; Non-PSD students must check with their school jurisdiction.
- (For new Parkland School Division students) Documents are needed to prove your student's guardianship, education, residency, age, date of birth, and citizenship. You can attach these documents to the registration form, or email them to or present them in person at your school after submitting your registration form. See below for details.
- Submitting a completed registration form does not guarantee you a spot at your selected school or on your selected bus route. All submissions must first be reviewed before they are approved by the school and/or Transportation Services.
- Once you submit a registration form, you will have to contact your school and/or Transportation Services to make any changes to your information.
- Space at non-designated schools and on alternate bus routes is subject to availability - students attending their designated school and riding only on their primary bus route will get first priority.
- If you are trying to register at a school other than the one designated for your area, you must contact both your designated school and desired school. More information on this process can be found on the Cross Attendance Area Transportation page.
- School Fees will be assessed shortly after the start of the new school year. More information on fees and the payment process is available on the Fees page.
- Transportation Fees will be assessed at a later date for private school students, cross attendance area students, students using alternate seat transportation and students currently ineligible for transportation grant funding. More information is available on the Bus Passes and Cross Attendance Area Fees page.
In order for your child to have his/her bus pass for the first day of school (Tuesday, September 4, 2018), bus pass applications must be received no later than 4:30pm on Friday, June 29, 2018 to be included in the routing process. Payment arrangements must be received through PSD’s online payment system (Acorn) or in the Division Office on or before Friday, August 10, 2018 to be eligible to ride the bus the first day of school.
Any applications received after the application deadline may not be processed in time for the first day of school. If your child does not have a valid bus pass for the 2018-2019 school year, he/she will not be able to ride the bus.
Online Registration Tutorials
This video tutorial will walk you through the steps of registering a new student for school and/or busing for the 2018-2019 school year. Videos detailing the returning student registration process will be added here once available.
2017-2018 Registration Requirements
IMPORTANT: The Student Registration downloadable PDF found below is only applicable for students registering for the balance of the current 2017-2018 academic year. Paper registration forms will not be accepted for the 2018-2019 school year.
Please complete the applicable forms and submit them to your designated school.
- Student Registration*
- Identification of FNMI Students
- FOIP Consent - Freedom of Information Protection
- Responsible Use of Technology Agreement
- Locker Agreement (if applicable)
- Request for Assistance to Administer Medication (if applicable)
*For best results, download and complete this form in Adobe Reader. You can also print the form and complete it by hand.
In addition to the above forms, the following documents are needed to prove guardianship, education, residency, age, date of birth, and citizenship:
- Court documents confirming legal guardianship
- Most recent report card or other proof of previous education
- Utility bill or other document that includes the municipal address of the student's residence
- Proof of Legal Name, Date of Birth and Citizenship
Documents Accepted to Prove Name, Age and Citizenship:
- Canadian birth certificate
- Permanent resident card
- Valid temporary resident papers for student and parents
- Valid immigration papers for student and parents (study and work permits or visitor records accepted)
Please note: Parkland School Division serves only families who reside in the County of Parkland, the town of Stony Plain and the City of Spruce Grove. We currently have some out-of-jurisdiction students who are permitted to complete the program at their current school. No further out-of-jurisdiction students are being registered in PSD. If your family is not a resident of Parkland School Division, your resident school board is responsible for meeting your educational needs.
For more information contact: