The Board of Trustees is pleased to provide you with the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday January 04, 2011. The adopted minutes will be available on PSD website following the next Regular Board meeting.
Upcoming Trustee Activities:
- Chair Gilchrist, Trustee Cameron and Trustee Heinrichs will be attending the upcoming Alberta School Board Association’s “Diving In” Conference being held on January 16 – 17, 2011 in Edmonton, Alberta.
- The Board of Trustees and Senior Executive have been invited to attend the “Partners in Education Luncheon”, sponsored by the Alberta Teachers Association on February 11, 2011 in Edmonton.
- Trustee Kilduff and Trustee Goebel will attend the Linkages Governor’s Forum February 03, 2011 on behalf of Parkland School Division Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees approved a change to the format of future Board Meetings by adding a ten minute recess period, following the Board Chair’s Report, allowing the public to speak directly to the Board. Members of the public will register their questions upon entering the Board Room. Questions concerning issues covered under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation will not be addressed. This will provide an opportunity for open communication between Trustees and stakeholders.
- Trustee Cameron, Trustee Kilduff and Trustee Goebel will be part of the Edwin Parr Selection Committee. This committee is responsible to review the nominations of outstanding first year teachers and to select one nominee for the Alberta School Boards’ Association’s Edwin Parr Award. The selection committee will announce their nomination at the March 1, 2011 Board Meeting.
- Superintendent Monds provided an update on Parkland School Division’s System Review. The Board is presently undertaking a comprehensive review of data and seeking the wisdom of the community as they strive to deal with changing demographics. Dates for the System Review Public Information Open House are January 24, 25 and 26, 2011. For venues and times, visit our press release.
- Acting Associate Superintendent Keane provided a report on PSD – Setting the Direction. Parkland School Division has developed a committee that is leading the way in determining how we will continue to build an “inclusive” education model.
- The Board accepted the First Quarter Financial Report (ending November 30, 2010) and Interim Financial Statements.
The next regular Board meeting will be held February 1, 2011 at 7 pm at the Centre for Education.
For more information contact:
The Board of Trustees
Toll Free: 1-800-282-3997 (Alberta only)