Mission, Vision, Values & Priorities
Parkland School Division, including all of our schools, is committed to acting on our new vision, mission and values statements. These new statements that emphasize student success and well-being reflect the future-focused and innovative organization that we are today.
Parkland School Division is a place where exploration, creativity, and imagination make learning exciting and where all learners aspire to reach their dreams.
Our purpose is to prepare, engage and inspire our students to be their best in a quickly changing global community.
Values and Beliefs
In Parkland School Division everyone is accepted and experiences a sense of belonging. Every student, no matter their ability, disability, language, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, has meaningful contributions to make. The following belief statements guide our decisions and behaviors to ensure that we are creating environments and engaging in practices that have their foundation in fundamental Human Rights.
- Collaboration and engagement with students, parents and our communities. Our successes are not possible without these contributions.
- Trust and mutual respect among all of our education stakeholders.
- Inclusion and diversity within our schools.
- Citizenship and recognize our central role in guiding students to understand their responsibilities and their place in the world.
- Leadership in all places – everyone in our Division has the potential to be a leader.
- Excellence, innovation and risk-taking.
- Learning is the foundation of all we do.
- Integrity and fairness are key pillars for student growth.
- That confident, adaptable and resilient students are successful students.
- A caring and compassionate organization – guided by what’s in the best interest of our students.
- Committed to providing safe and caring places for all students to learn.
- Open and honest communication.
Our Community Report
Our Community Report is a valuable resource that provides an effective overview of annual highlights, while showcasing results in core priority areas, and sharing a financial summary.
Ultimate Goal: Student Success and Well-Being
Students will be encouraged to explore, create, imagine, and engage in lifelong learning as they develop their skills/competencies to prepare to enter the world of post-secondary studies or work. The Division believes that student success is closely linked to student well-being and the development of social-emotional assets that build resiliency and is therefore committed to the development of the whole child at all levels of their education.
We recognize that success and well-being will continually require the complete engagement of our educational stakeholders. We further recognize that effective strategic planning requires an educational system that maintains forethought and fiscal responsibility.
The goals, outcomes and strategies identified in this plan are focused on the achievement of the Ultimate Goal: Student Success and Well-Being.
Two enduring priorities continue to guide the work of the Division. These priorities are considered to be enduring as they are necessary priorities to consider in establishing any goal:
Engaging all stakeholders: students, staff, and the local and global communities. Goals and strategies must include a consideration of how they will be shared and supported by all stakeholder groups.
Ensuring equitable and sustainable use of our resources and ensuring financial responsibility. Goals and strategies must include a consideration of how they will utilize limited resources with maximum results.
- Inclusive Education
- Quality Learning
- Culture of Wellness
- Universal Leadership
For more information contact:
The Division Office