You will need your child's birth certificate in order to register.
Kindergarten and Grade 1 Age Requirements
A child entering Kindergarten must be 5 years old by the last day of February of the school year in which he or she begins Kindergarten.
For example, a child registering for Kindergarten in September 2017 needs to be 5 years old by February 28, 2018.
A child entering Grade 1 must be 6 years old by the last day of February of the school year in which he or she begins Grade 1.
For example, a child registering for Grade 1 in September 2017 needs to be 6 years old by February 28, 2018.
Good to know
- Registration requirements for Kindergarten are the same as Grades 1 thru 12.
- French Immersion Kindergarten programs are offered at École Meridian Heights School in Stony Plain and École Broxton Park School in Spruce Grove.
- Kindergarten programs are offered on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday with alternating Fridays. Please contact your designated school to find more information.
Please complete the applicable forms and submit them to your designated school or bring them with you to your Open House.
- Student Registration*
- Identification of FNMI Students
- (FOIP) Consent - Freedom of Information Protection
- Request for Assistance to Administer Medication (if applicable)
*For best results, download and complete this form in Adobe Reader. You can also print the form and complete it by hand.
In addition to the above forms, the following documents are needed to prove guardianship, education, residency, age, date of birth, and citizenship.
- Court documents confirming legal guardianship
- Most recent report card or other proof of previous education
- Utility bill or other document that includes the municipal address of the student's residence
- Proof of Legal Name, Date of Birth and Citizenship
Documents Accepted to Prove Name, Age and Citizenship
- Canadian birth certificate
- Permanent resident card
- Valid temporary resident papers for student and parents
- Valid immigration papers for student and parents (study and work permits or visitor records accepted)
Nature-Based Kindergarten Pilot Program
Parkland School Division (PSD) Early Childhood Services has developed a partnership with Muir Lake School and Scouts Canada Camp (at Chickakoo Lake Recreation Area) to create an optional Kindergarten pilot program that will get children active and in touch with nature while essentially extending a child's kindergarten experience from half-time to full-time in the process. Registration for the 2017 - 2018 school year is now closed as the program is full. For more information or to find out how to get on a waiting list for cancellations, visit the Nature-Based Kindergarten page.
2018 Open Houses
Information coming soon!
Parents with questions are encouraged to call their current Principal. Please ask your questions and let us provide accurate information and assistance. We anticipate an exciting and smooth start up in the fall!
For more information contact: